“The Trees Suitable for growing in the house”
Tree is another home decoration item that helps create a more pleasant atmosphere, if it is a tree that has a scent as well, it will help keep the house calm, shady and always filled with the scent. This article has collected 5 scented trees. That are plant in the house.
1. Lemon tree
Lemon tree (Indoor Citrus) is a perfect size, fragrant tree suitable for home, dark green leaves with fruit like a small orange emits a scent of orange scent throughout the house.
How to plant a lemon tree?
– Place a pot of lemon trees facing the south or southwest. To receive at least 8-12 hours of sunlight.
– Place the pot on a tray full of pebbles. To keep the moisture from the water that water the lemon.
– Planted in well drained loamy soil.
– Inspect the roots of the tree every 2 days to prevent root rot.
Orchids or Costus are very diverse species. There are 25,000 types of orchids in nature, which is considered an important export plant in Thailand. Stems without pith and bark It has buds that will sprout young shoots, young branches or single inflorescences with leaves, colors and sizes varying depending on the species.
Most of the leaves are yellowish green. Inflorescences often bloom long, sometimes short, depending on the type. The smell of the orchid has a different aroma as well. How to choose an orchid that has the perfect scent, so it is best to buy it in the nursery And seek advice from growers directly
How to plant a Orchid?
– You should study well that likes low or lots of light In order to have a suitable place for planting
– Usually grows well in temperatures of 21-29 degrees Celsius.
– Choose a pot for growing orchids.
– fertilize every two weeks Using fertilizer formula 20-20-20 (nitrogen nourishing leaves – phosphorus nourishing flowers – potassium nourishing the stems)
– watering once a week
3. Angel’s Trumpet
Angel’s Trumpet is a plant of the same family as chili, eggplant, tomato and tobacco. It
is a shrub about 2-3 meters tall, slender leaves, soft, thin and 18-25 centimeters long.
When growing up, the stems will bend downward and upside down like a trumpet or speaker. They are purple, yellow, pink and peach. They bloom all year round. Especially in the rainy season They usually give off a mild fragrance during the day and a stronger scent from dusk to morning.
How to plant a Angel’s Trumpet?
– Can be grown both in the garden and inside the house. In which care must be taken to keep them away from aphids, mealybugs, red mites and other pests
– Placed in direct sunlight To help make beautiful flowers
– Should control the temperature at about 15-23 degrees Celsius.
– Planted in soil that is sensitive to water Fertilize once a week
– Keep watering for 2-3 days per week. Which during the winter may give less water To help the soil dry quickly Not too moist
Peppermint (Lemon Balm) is the same plant as mint and basil. The trunk is about 70-150 cm in height when fully grown. Dark green leaves, similar to mint. But smells like lemon leaves Often white flowers in late summer.
Peppermint flowers are rich in fragrance and nectar. Taste like lemon and citronella. Often emits the scent of essential oils It was originally used as a drug to treat a wide range of ailments such as headache, toothache, sore throat, diarrhea, insect bites.
How to plant a mint?
– Planted in a place where the sunlight can easily reach
– Keep it away from the place that is exposed to direct heat. To avoid the leaves being destroyed
– Planted in a small pot using general loam. By drilling a hole under the pot to drain the water completely.
– Place 2-3 pieces of chopped wood on top of the soil during hot weather. To help the soil retain moisture
– Fertilizer for 2 weeks with 20-20-20 fertilizer formula (nitrogen nourishing leaves – phosphorus nourishing flowers – potassium nourishing stems)
Frangipani (Frangipani) is the same plant family as the trotters. It is another popular home grown tree from the past to the present. Local names such as Champa, Champa Lao and Champakom are both short and tall. Branches and leaves Decay in summer Soft green branches look full of water. Single leaves arranged at the end of the branch.
The leaves are thick, tough and hard, light green to dark. Depending on the age of the flower bouquet, about February to April. There are many species Different in both color and smell
How to plant a plumeria?
– Planted in a place with easy sunlight to shine. Which should be exposed to the sun at least 4-6 hours a day
– Spray water on the leaves 1-2 times a day enough to keep them moist.
– Planted in sandy soil mixed with loam By mixing 1 part sand and loam soil
– Regularly fertilize every week. Using fertilizer formula 10-50-10 (nitrogen nourishing leaves – phosphorus nourishing flowers – potassium nourishing the stems)
– Keep watering regularly during the summer.
5 scented trees grown in the house above there are trees that are already known by names and trees that are not familiar with each other, including scent, appearance, color, as well as growing and raising different types of trees. You can buy and grow them easily. It depends on what you like and which type is suitable for your home gardening ideas.